Business Hours

Note...Summer Business Hours
Wednesday - Saturday
11:00-5:00

Friday, August 01, 2008

Technology




I decided this week I just had to write a bit about technology.

It all started with a young boy who came in with his Mother and upon seeing an old time dial telephone, he asked quite innocently "Mommy, what's that?"
After telling him it was a telephone, his face twisted with a look of Huh?
And so it goes, in another 30 years from now someone will come into an antique store and see a cell phone and ask "Mommy what's that?"

But my real complaint today is about computers. Last night mine would not allow me to get into my own blog. If you are like me, you think if you hit enter twice it will go twice as fast or if you hit it real hard it knows you mean business!
No, all it means is that you are at the mercy of technology and sometimes that is really hard to take.

So my apologies for the blog being late again, and hope you enjoy looking at some of the new pieces that have come in this week.
Our New Porch Look~Has anyone seen Danno?

Precious Bisque Angel

Unique shell art with bisque baby early 20's


Set of 4 Ofetruria & Barlaston
Wedgewood Dishes
$10.00
Vintage Cloche Flapper Hat
Incredible old aristocraft wall plaque
$19.00

These pillows are so adorable ~ handmade from vintage table linen

Very unique 4 piece cannister set in the most incredible green. The front of each piece has an eagle in front of what looks like the white house. The US flag is waving in the background. Marked "Holiday Design,USA" $24.50

Another beautiful white iron full size bed~dresser and end tables already sold

4 comments:

One Shabby Old House said...

You have always been such an encouragement to me. Thank you for all your help. May your computer OBEY you from now on as we all need the eye candy that your blog provides us with.
bless you
Becky
Laceandlures.blogspot.com

Joy Lett said...

It's about time- what have you been doing? Shopping or something fun like that? Just kidding-- wonderful as always! Joy

Faith's Vintage Vanity said...

I'm back! I have been away for awhile, but I am going to try to do better. I have been making my rounds tonight, checking out what other people have been up to. I'm with you on this whole technology thing. But since I have been doing all my business reserch, I have probally learned more about the web in the last 3-4 weeks than I ever new. Oh well, we have to adapt, it seems to be the only way. Talk to you soon.

Faith

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Can I come and vacation...at your shop?